Rapenburg 65, 2311 GJ Leiden
Phone +31 (0) 71 - 751.01.30
Position: Coordinator for programme Master of Laws: Advanced Studies of International Tax Law
Successful candidate is expected to organise and coordinate the activities of the full time Adv. LLM, displaying courtesy, tact, consideration and discretion in all interactions with other members of the University community and with the public.
S/he guides students through each phase of the program and must possess a thorough understanding of, and responsibility for, the requirements, policies and procedures of the master program. S/he also provides event and administrative support.
The Programme Coordinator is assisted throughout the year by the Resident Students and Teaching Assistants.
Reports directly to Program Director.
Coordinator’s duties include but are not limited to the following:
Adv LLM accreditation (annual action): exit questionnaire, internal audits, annual report.
Admissions & Scholarships: tuition fees update, applications assessment, process admission decisions, scholarships decisions – all together with Program Director.
Schedules & Readers: annual schedule and course schedules, evaluations, invite teachers for courses, prepare study materials (work be done by Teaching Assistants/Resident Students)
Exams & Grades: arrange for and supervise exams, email to students the exam instructions, organize exam review session, compile grades and finalise for sending to students, arrange retake exam - supervision.
Paper: invite teachers to supervise papers and prepare list of suggested topics, send templates to students and supervise paper discussions sessions.
Graduation: preparation and overseeing of a smooth Graduation and Incoming days in August (together with a team)
Teachers: teaching invitations to lecturers for each class, including continuing communication and follow up emails closer to teaching date (regarding teaching schedule + materials course), liaise with teachers for exam questions and grading.
Evaluations: review evaluation results prepared by Teaching Assistants/Resident Students, discuss with Program Director and distribute to teachers.
Summer Course: teaching invitations to lecturers for each class, including continuing communication and follow up emails closer to teaching date (regarding teaching schedule + materials course), coordinate preparation of readers by Resident Students
ITC Social Events: coordinate organisation of fall, spring and graduation outings; coordinate organization of graduation events.
- Responsible to ensure all new student ITC email accounts are created and on-going maintenance of correct distribution groups
- Welcome students & prepare welcome bags with readers and ITC Leiden information
- General communication to students
- Formatting changes and document production work as required
• University degree with emphasis in management work or education;
• Previous supervisory experience in a community-based organization or related experience in an administrative, project, event or program coordination role;
• Exceptionally strong and polished organizational, interpersonal and written and oral communication skills. Attention to detail;
• Demonstrate flexibility and comfort in working with diverse populations;
• Strong familiarity with basic MS Office software;
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment;
• Strong problem-solving skills;
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as a member of a team;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
• Salary: €2.400 gross (bruto) per month
• Full-time position.
• Applications deadline: We look forward to receiving your motivation letter and CV by Monday, 26 March 2018
• Start date: As soon as possible – begin of April 2018 at the latest.