Rapenburg 65, 2311 GJ Leiden
Phone +31 (0) 71 - 751.01.30
Rapenburg 65, 2311 GJ Leiden
Phone +31 (0) 71 - 751.01.30
The deadline to submit applications for the academic year 2019-2020 for non-EU citizens is 1 April 2019; the deadline for EU citizens is 15 June 2019.
NOTE: Meeting the admission requirements to ITC Leiden programs does not necessarily guarantee an admission offer. The applicants are selected based on their overall merits.
Admission to the ITC Adv LLM Program in International Tax Law is selective and is based primarily upon previous excellence in tax courses or achievements in tax practice. While there are no specific requirements regarding class ranking or grade point averages, to be admitted to the program one should have an excellent university (i.e., a graduate school thereof) record and strong academic and/or professional recommendations. Evidence of significant professional accomplishments is also taken into consideration.
Applicants to the Program must:
• hold a law degree, a graduate degree in economics or business administration (master level) or a CPA-degree. The degree program must have included at least one substantive tax course or the applicant has obtained a few years’ experience in tax practice after graduation (with a law or accounting firm, or in a Ministry of Finance or Revenue Service) or in teaching or research at a graduate institution. Where the qualifying degree is a law degree, it must be one that gives access to the legal profession in the country where the degree was obtained (an intermediate law degree does not qualify).
• demonstrate high academic performance, validated by grades of their University Degree/Transcript (as explained in accompanying grade explanations).
• demonstrate previous excellence in participation in tax courses or achievements in tax practice, illustrated by, among others, grades (as explained in accompanying grade explanations), past experience related to the subject (professional accomplishments, publications).
• meet the proficiency in English requirements as described below.
• must send in certified copies of certain documents that are indicated below. A ‘certified copy’ is a copy of an academic record which has been affixed with an original stamp or seal by the issuing institution, thus proving that it is a genuine copy of an original document issued by that institution. If the certified copy is not in Dutch, English, French or German it must be accompanied by an official translation, drawn up by a sworn translator and bearing the original stamp and professional details of the translator.
Application for the full program
To apply for the full program, applicants are invited to fill out the online application form.
The following documents must be uploaded with your online application:
1. Certified copies of (a) your university diploma of the degree obtained, (b) an official list of subjects you studied and of the grades attained. Documents in a language other than English or Dutch must be accompanied by a certified* English translation.
2. A curriculum vitae (CV).
3. A statement of motivation (max. 500 words);
4. Two letters of recommendation (addressed to the Program director, prof. dr. Kees van Raad) that include the names and addresses of the two referees, of whom at least one should be university-related.
5. A TOEFL or IELTS certificate of proficiency in English. For TOEFL the lowest score accepted by ITC is 100, and for IELTS it is 7.0. Further, for all sub-sections (listening, reading, writing and speaking) minimum band scores of 6.0 (IELTS) or 20 (TOEFL) are required. It you earlier obtained a test score, please note that it must have been issued not more than two years before the date of your application.
After these documents have been approved and successfully processed, you will be invited to send:
(a) a scan of the cover your passport and of the passport page with your personal data [to be sent by email to by email to email@example.com.
(b) the hard (certified) copies of the documents listed above under 1 (diploma, etc.) [to be sent to by postal mail or courier to: International Tax Center Leiden (Admissions), Rapenburg 65, 2311 GJ Leiden, Netherlands].
An application fee of € 100 must be transferred to bank account number NL98 INGB 0007 4415 51 with ING Bank (PO Box 1800, 1000 BV Amsterdam, The Netherlands) in the name of `Stichting FAITS´ (Rapenburg 65, 2311 GJ Leiden, The Netherlands, BIC code: INGBNL2A). Applications will not be considered until the application fee has been received. The application fee is due also in case of re-application when admission has been deferred from a previous year.
Application for single courses
To apply for one or more single courses, applicants are invited to send by email to ITC Leiden (firstname.lastname@example.org) the following documents.
1. A completed single course application form (to be downloaded by clicking here).
2. Certified copies of (a) your university diploma of the degree obtained, (b) an official list of subjects you studied and of the grades attained. Documents in a language other than English or Dutch must be accompanied by certified* English translation.
3. A short curriculum vitae (CV).
4. A TOEFL or IELTS certificate of proficiency in English. For TOEFL the lowest score accepted by ITC is 100, and for IELTS it is 7.0. Further, for all sub-sections (listening, reading, writing and speaking) minimum band scores of 6.0 (IELTS) or 20 (TOEFL) are required. If you earlier obtained a test score, please note that it must have been issued not more than two years before the date of your application.
5. A passport size photograph.